2 days ago Google added User Acquisition reports in the Google Play Store. The reports tell you how your users found your app and how they downloaded it.
You can see how many users visited your app’s page on Google Play and from which channels. This is an important metric to find out where your users are coming from.
- Overall: Total number of unique users who visited your app’s store listing on the Play
- Play Store (Organic): Unique users who visited your app’s store listing by browsing or
searching on the Play store app.
- AdWords Campaigns: Unique users who visited your app’s store listing on the Play store
app directly from an AdWords ad.
- Tracked Channels (UTM): Unique users who visited your app’s store listing on the Play
store app from a UTM-tagged link.
- Google Search (Organic): Unique users who visited your app’s store listing on the Play
store app from a Google Search.
- Others: Unique users who visited your app’s store listing on the Play store app from an
untagged deep link to the Play store. Some examples of these types of links could be a
link from an external site or blog, ad network, message board, or a link in an email.
The report also shows you how many of these visitors installed your app, bought stuff in it and who did repeated purchases. This new report makes it possible for developers to experiment with images, description and text.
I can’t express how glad I am that this report finally become available. Though one important metric is missing: you can’t see which countries your users are coming from. This is sad, because if you translate your app’s title and description into languages then your won’t know that the numbers are the result of your default description and text or the crappy google translation. As people make complaints all the time that the app is in English and they don’t understand it, they will not download your app if they see the the description was translated by a robot.
I heard that did report is yet available for everyone, stay tuned!
For iOS developers these reports have been available since April 2015.
Need more downloads? Select one of my app promotion services and I will promote your app to 30 quality app review sites and millions of people on social websites.